Youth Mental Health First Aid Course (YMHFA 001)
Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) courses are for everyone who works with, lives with or supports young people aged 8-18. This course will teach you the skills and confidence to spot the signs of mental health issues in a young person, offer first aid and guide them towards the support they need. In doing so, you can speed up a young person’s recovery and stop a mental health issue from getting worse.
Our course won’t teach you to be a therapist, but we can teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
Module 1: Youth Mental Health
Module 2: Depression & Anxiety
Module 3: Suicide and psychosis
Module 4: Self-harm and eating disorders
• Delivery Method: The course is largely theory based, but will include a wide range of varied activities ( 15 hrs – 2 days)
• Prerequisite: None, just an open mind.
• Awarding Body: Mental Health England
• Assessment: Assessment book will be completed throughout the course and then at the end of the two days these papers will be submitted to Mental Health England for certification
• Certification: Each successful delegate will receive Youth Mental Health First Aider certificate from Mental Health England.
About our Trainers Qualifications & Experience:
To request a course price quotation:
Please phone: 01760 751093 to speak to a member of our team.
Or you can email us via our “Contact Us Page” or our admin team directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org